Where an event is configured to require enrolment with approval by either the learner's assigned approver, or the designated approver for the item, you can optionally specify that the enrolment also requires a second level approval.
To configure an event to require second level approval:
- Login to the Agylia Administration Portal
- Click Catalogue and then locate and select the required event.
- Scroll down the Properties page, and in the Enrolment panel, click Require second level approval (as shown below).
- Click Save.
Approving second level approvals
You must process second level approvals by using the Agylia Administration portal. You must login as either a Global administrator, or a Content administrator with appropriate permissions to view and manage the required event.
To process a second level approval request:
- Login to the Administration portal.
- Click Catalogue, and then locate and select the required event.
- In the Sections panel, click Sessions, then click the required session.
INFO: You may need to change the search filters to display the required session.
- On the Session | Users page, select the users who are currently awaiting second level approval and for whom you wish to enrol. For example, Sally James in the screenshot below.
INFO: You may need to change the search filters to display users with the appropriate status.
- Click either Enrol or Accept request to enrol the user. Both options result in approving the second level request and enrolling the user onto the session. Alternatively, click Reject request to block the learner's enrolment request. In both cases, the learner is notified about your decision via email.
The Learner Experience
With second level approval configured for an item, when a learner has been initially been approved to enrol on a session, the learner receives a second notification email stating that their enrolment is now pending second approval.
In the Web Learner portal, the appropriate session displays a status of Pending 2nd-level approval, as shown in the example below:
Once the learner's enrolment has been approved by the second level approver (a Global administrator or a Content administrator), they receive a notification email stating that the have successfully enrolled on the session, as with the single-level event approval workflow.
Once enrolled on the session, the learner can download a .ics file, which enables them to import the session into their desktop or device calendar.