As a Global administrator you will be able to reset passwords for any user. As a Password administrator you will be able to reset the password for a restricted set of users based on the groups associated with your Password administrator role.
To reset a user's password
- Log in to your LMS Administration portal as a Global administrator or a user with a Password administrator role.
- On the NAVIGATION pane, click Users.
- On the Results page, click the account name of the account that needs a password reset.
INFO: You can use the Search and Filter options to find the user that you require.
- In the ACTIONS section, click Reset password.
- In the Reset password dialog box, there are two options, either:
- Enter a new password in both the PASSWORD and CONFIRM PASSWORD boxes, or
- Select the Prompt for password at next log in check box. If this option is selected, on the user's next access of the LMS:
- If the user has an email address, they will be sent an email, which contains a link that allows them to reset their password.
- If the user does not have an email address, they will be prompted to enter a new password without using an email verification process.
- In the Reset password dialog box, click Reset.
- In the Reset password dialog box, click Close.