INFO: Preferably the user will reset their own password. If the user struggles to reset their password you can use the admin steps to change the password for them.
User reset of password:
1. SCRIPT: Have you tried to reset your password through the login page?
I will guide you through the necessary steps.
2. Navigate to the login page of Luminosity LMS.
3. On the Login page, click Forgotten Password.
4. On the Recover your account page, in the USERNAME box, type your
username, and then click Recover. An email will now be sent to you with a
5. In your email client, open the password recovery email, and then click the
password recovery link.
a. If you are unable to click the link, or it does not work, then locate
your verification code, and then copy the code to your clipboard.
b. Switch back to the Luminosity LMS screen.
c. On the Recover your account page, in the VERIFICATION CODE box,
paste your verification code.
6. In the NEW PASSWORD and CONFIRM PASSWORD boxes, type a new
password, and then click Recover.
7. You should now be logged into your account and your password has been
Admin reset of User password:
1. SCRIPT: I am able to reset your password for you, can I take your full
name please? I will just search for your account on the system.
2. ACTION: Logon to the Luminosity LMS with an administrator account.
3. In the admin pane, in the NAVIGATION section, click Users.
4. In the users pane, in the Search box, type the users full name, and then
click the magnifying glass icon.
5. In the results pane, click the users full name. If there are multiple results
then you can use other criteria in the Search box to identify the correct
e.g. you could use the user’s email address as a search criteria.
6. In the users pane, in the ACTIONS section, click Reset password.
7. In the Reset password box, in the PASSWORD and CONFIRM
PASSWORD boxes, type a new password, and then click Reset password.
8. In the Reset password box, note the Successfully reset user’s name
password message, and then click Close.
9. SCRIPT: Your new password is …!