Agylia uses the concept of roles to control who can perform what actions within the system. Most users are learners and you do not need to give learners any specific type of role. Any user becomes a learner by default when you add them to the system and this means they can login to the Web learner portal and Apps and access any content that is assigned to them by the targeting process.
For administrators, you need to define their specific set of roles to determine what they can and cannot do within the Agylia administration portal.
To assign a role to a user
- Log in to your Administration portal.
- On the NAVIGATION pane, click Users.
- On the Results page, click the user name of the account that you wish to assign a role to.
INFO: If you have many users, in the SEARCH box, type the name of the user or another property, and then click Search. Alternatively, use one of the user filters to quickly restrict the displayed set of users.
- In the SECTIONS section, click Roles.
- On the user name page, in the Select a role drop-down list, click a role, and then click the + button.
- In the role section, click Click here to associate users to this role. Note that is is not required when assigning the Global administrator role.
- In the Users dialog box, select the groups or organisational units that contain the set of users that this role should apply to, and then click Done.
INFO: When any role has been added to a users and a scope has been defined, the role changes are automatically saved (there is no Save button).
INFO: For more information about adding groups, see the How To: Add a group article.