** WE WILL SHORTLY BE ADDING A NUMBER OF ADDITIONAL SUB DOMAINS TO THE CMBACKBONE.NET DOMAIN. IF YOU DO NOT WILDCARD THIS DOMAIN THEN ACTION WILL BE REQUIRED. TO ENSURE CONTINUITY OF SERVICE WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND WILDCARDING THIS DOMAIN **
If you have administrators or learners who access the LMS from behind a firewall (or through a proxy/similar) it is essential that you configure it to enable seamless access to the LMS. This process involves adding specific URLs that are required by the LMS to operate correctly to a whitelist of approved URLs understood by your firewall/proxy.
Please be aware that if you do not allow access to the domains listed below, your users may experience unexpected behaviours. In some cases, it is possible that learner progress will not be tracked, and depending on your content, it is possible that your users will not be made aware of this problem.
Failure to configure your firewall or proxy appropriately may cause your users to see the following error message: Error communicating with the Learning Record Store.
The following domains should be permitted through your firewall or proxy from all locations where learners or administrators access the LMS:
- Your Agylia LMS addresses (for example, company.portal-agylia.com, company.admin-agylia.com, company.lumo-reach.com or lms.yourdomain.com)
- You must include the address for both your administration portal and your learner portal where these have different addresses.
- The URL for the administration portal is required in all locations where the LMS is accessed regardless of if any users are using the administration interface at that location.
- *.cmbackbone.net. We recommend wildcarding this domain as the subdomains frequently change without notice. Failure to wildcard this domain may result in service interruptions that can only be resolved by adding additional subdomains to your whitelist.
- *.amazonaws.com. We cannot provide a definitive list of subdomains for this domain. Amazon AWS are a key hosting partner for the Agylia LMS. Dynamic service discovery is used across the system for components hosted within Amazon AWS to enable us to both enhance and scale the system based on requirements at any given time.
The following domains are a complete list of required subdomains as of 18th April 2018. We will update this list periodically, but will not notify you that this list has changed. Due to the need to update our infrastructure in response to load/demand, and as we add/update product features, we cannot guarantee that this list of subdomains is complete and accurate.
These firewall requirements also apply in locations where users synchronise data with the Agylia apps.
Verifying LMS access
You can verify that your browser can access the required domains for correct system operation, by visiting the https://<admin_portal_domain>/healthcheck URL. Where <admin_portal_domain> should be replaced with your Administration portal domain.
If the system is functioning correctly, you should see four green ticks, as shown below: