The Users page provides functionality for administrators to manage all of the users defined on the LMS. Administrators can add, edit and delete users manually, or import, update and export users via a CSV spreadsheet.
INFO: The exact functionality available to you as an administrator will depend on your role. For example, only users with a Global administrator role, can add or import users.
The Users page displays the users defined on the LMS, sorted alphabetically, and with the user's first name, surname, username and email address, shown for each user. The first 100 users, based on the currently defined filters, are displayed, but if you scroll down the page, information for additional users is loaded automatically, up to a maximum of 5,000 displayed users.
The following filters are available in the SEARCH section:
- Search. To find a user, enter a search string in the Search field, then click the Search icon (or press Enter on your keyboard). When you perform a search, the search function returns the users that match the specified search sting, and are ranked and displayed in the following order:
- Users where the search string exactly matches their full Username, Display name, First name, Surname or Email address.
- Users where the search string matches the start (any number of characters) of their Username, Display name, First name, Surname or Email address. For example, a search string of 'fr', would match users with first and surnames such as Fred Bloggs or John Franks.
- Users where the search string exactly matches the full value of any other (i.e. not including Username, Display name, First name, Surname or Email address)profile field.
INFO: With your cursor in the Search input field, you can press ESC to reset your search text string.
- Group. Select a group to filter the list of users.
- OU. Select an Organisational Unit (OU) node to filter the list of users.
- Role. Select a Role to filter the list of users.
INFO: Global administrators are able to access all users defined on the LMS. User administrators will only be able to access users that are within the scope of their role.
To edit or view the information for a specific user, select the user in the displayed list. Once you have selected a user, you can edit their associated information using the options available on the Users | <user> page, in the SECTIONS section:
- Profile. Update the user's profile information.
- Groups. Manage the user's group membership.
- Roles. Manage the user's roles.
- Content. Manage the user's content.
- Skills. Manage the user's skills.
- External learning. Manage the user's external learning.
- Awards. Manage the user's awards.
- Points. Manage the user's points.
- Certificates. Manage the user's certificates.
- Notes. Manage notes associated with the user.
The Users | <user> page also provides the following ACTIONS:
- Reset password. Reset the user's password.
- Delete user. Delete the user.
- Deactivate / Reactivate. Deactivate or reactivate the user.
Please refer to the appropriate How To articles for further information on the functions available when managing users.
- How To: Activate or deactivate user accounts
- How To: Assign a role to a user
- How To: Batch delete user accounts
- How To: Batch export user accounts
- How To: Batch import user accounts
- How To: Reset a user's password
- How To: Manually create a user account
- How To: Update a user's status for a content item
- How To: View a user's course status in a sandbox
- How To: Use two-factor authentication