The sandbox is a test environment that enables you to test courses in the context of the current user, and to view a users state within a course. This allows you to review their progress, or diagnose issues, for example, where a user claims they have completed a course, but the course shows as incomplete or in progress, perhaps because they have not visited all required pages, completed all required tasks, or if there is a course configuration error.
To access the Sandbox for a learner
- Log in to your Administration portal as a Global administrator.
- On the NAVIGATION pane, click Users.
- On the Results page, click the user you wish to investigate.
- In the SECTIONS section, click Content.
- On the user page, click the course you wish to diagnose.
- In the Manage <Item> dialog box, click the Sandbox tab.
- To copy the user’s current live state to this user’s sandbox, click Copy to sandbox.
- To launch the course in this user’s sandbox, click Launch in sandbox.
Course state is retained in the sandbox between course launches, even if you close the Manage <Item> dialog box. To update the sandbox with the user’s current live state click Copy to sandbox at any time. As this is a live copy of the user's current state, this can be inconsistent if the user makes changes between copies to the sandbox.
INFO: Although the sandbox is specific to a given user, the user themselves can never access the sandbox. Changes that you make in the sandbox will not affect the user’s live status, and any changes that you make in the course will not affect the users learning record.