IMPORTANT: We are aware of an issue with this feature than can cause data integrity issues. To prevent these issues we have restricted this feature to the Agylia Support team. If you require a bulk user deletion please raise a support ticket with the request, and attach a copy of the completed bulk user file. As the file will contain user details, we would recommend enclosing the file in an encrypted, password protected, ZIP file to protect against data interception. Please do not provide the password in the same email. We will use contact details we have on file to contact you for the password separately.
On occasions you may need to delete a batch of user accounts. For example, if your organisation sells courses to other businesses, at the end of your customer's contract, for data privacy reasons, you may need to delete all users and their associated records.
IMPORTANT: All records for the specified users are removed by the Delete users operation. The deletion cannot be undone and you cannot produce reports for deleted users.
The deletion process is driven from a CSV file containing a list of usernames. The file format is exactly the same as that used to import users. For more information on the file format, see Explained: Batch user CSV files. For the delete process, the only mandatory column required in the spreadsheet is the Username column.
INFO: You can export the filtered list of users you wish to delete from the Users page, then directly import the exported file, by using the Delete users option. Only the Username column in the import file will be validated and used to drive the deletion process.
To batch delete user accounts
- Prepare a CSV file that contains the usernames of the users that you want to delete based on either the template file available from the Delete users dialog box or more typically by exporting the set of users you want to delete. For more information on exporting users, see How To: Batch export user accounts.
- Log in to your Administration portal.
- On the NAVIGATION pane, click Users.
- In the ACTIONS section, click Delete users.
- In the Delete users dialog box, either drag-and-drop your CSV file containing the usernames of the users to delete onto the dialog box or click Browse to select the file.
INFO: To validate your input file without deleting any users, ensure the Verify import file only check box is selected.
- Clear the Verify import file only check box, and then click Upload.
- Once the upload is complete, click Close. The system will send you an email that contains a link which allows you to view the status of each individual user record.
IMPORTANT: Deletions are only performed when all user records in the imported file are valid.
NOTE: The deletion of users is performed as a background process, so it can take an extended period for large numbers of users to be deleted.