You can configure any content that is published through the Agylia catalogue to require enrolment. Enrolment is most frequently used for courses and curricula but you can configure any content type to require enrolment. You can also require that an enrolment request is approved before the learner's enrolment is confirmed. For more information about the approval process in general, see Explained: Approvals and the approval process.
To configure enrolment approvals for a content item
- Log in to your Administration portal, as either a Global administrator or Content administrator.
- On the NAVIGATION pane, click Catalogue.
- On the Results page, click the content item for which you want to configure enrolment approvals.
- On the content page, in the ENROLMENT section, select one of the following items from the list, and then click Save:
- Enrolment required with no approval necessary.
- Enrolment required with approval by a designated approver for this item. If you select this option, you must specify a user as the approver for the item.
- Enrolment required with approval by the learner's assigned approver. If you select this option, learners must have an Approver property associated with their user profile, and this property is used to determine the identity of the approver when a user requests to enrol onto the content item.
- Enrolment required with admin approval. If you select this option, approval requests must be handled in the Administrator portal by any Global administrator or Content administrator with the appropriate permissions to view the current content item. This option is available for legacy reasons and should generally not be used. One of the two previous options is recommended, so that approvers can process their approvals via the Web learner portal or Agylia Apps.
Having applied the above configuration, when a learner enrols onto the content item, the approver will be notified about the request and the leaner will receive a notification to say that their enrolment request is pending approval. Only when the enrolment request is approved will the learner be enrolled onto the item. The learner will be notified via email when their enrolment request has been approved or rejected.