To support the enrolment process for sessions, you can configure an approval workflow. With approvals configured, any session enrolment request must be approved before it is confirmed. For more information about the approval process in general, see Explained: Approvals and the approval process.
To configure enrolment approvals for a session
- Log in to your Administration portal, as either a Global administrator or Content administrator.
- On the NAVIGATION pane, click Catalogue.
- On the Results page, click the event for which you want to configure enrolment approvals. Note that enrolment approval configuration is applied at the event level and it applies to all sessions that are associated with the event.
- On the event page, in the ENROLMENT section, select one of the following items from the list, and then click Save:
- Enrolment required with no approval necessary.
- Enrolment required with approval by a designated approver for this item. If you select this option, you must specify a user as the approver for session enrolment requests.
- Enrolment required with approval by the learner's assigned approver. If you select this option, learners must have an Approver property associated with their user profile, and this property is used to determine the identity of the approver when a user requests to enrol onto a session.
- Enrolment required with admin approval. If you select this option, approval requests must be handled in the Administrator portal by any Global administrator or Content administrator with the appropriate permissions to view the current event. This option is available for legacy reasons and should generally not be used. One of the two previous options is recommended, so that approvers can process their approvals via the Web learner portal or Agylia Apps.
Having applied the above configuration, when a learner enrols onto a session associated with the event, the approver will be notified about the request and the leaner will receive a notification to say that their enrolment request is pending approval. Only when the enrolment request is approved will the learner be enrolled onto the session. The learner will be notified via email when their enrolment request has been approved or rejected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.