To support the task submission process, you can configure an approval workflow. With approvals configured, whenever a learner submits their work in order to complete a task, their submission must be approved before it is considered complete. For more information about the approval process in general, see Explained: Approvals and the approval process.
To configure task submission approvals
- Log in to your Administration portal, as either a Global administrator or Content administrator.
- On the NAVIGATION pane, click Catalogue.
- On the Results page, click the task for which you want to configure enrolment approvals.
- On the task page, in the COMPLETION APPROVAL section, select one of the following items from the list, and then click Save:
- Completion requires approval by a designated approver for this task. If you select this option, you must specify a user as the approver for all submissions relating to this task.
- Completion requires approval by the learner's assigned approver. If you select this option, learners must have an Approver property associated with their user profile, and this property is used to determine the identity of the approver when a user submits their work in relation to this task.
Having applied the above configuration, when a learner submits their work for this task, the approver will be notified about the request and the learner will receive a notification to say that their task submission is pending approval. Only when the task submission request is approved will the learner's task be completed. The learner will be notified via email when their task submission has been approved or rejected.
Note that the approver may add a comment to state the reason why the task has been rejected. This comment is visible to the learner when they next view the task. If required, they can continue the comment exchange by adding further comments and questions for the approver.