You can use certifications where you want to award a certificate to a learner when they achieve a specified requirement. The requirement is configured by an administrator, and can be different for different types of items:
- eLearning courses and curricula. Awarded when the learner passes or completes the course or curriculum.
- Content items. Awarded when the learner completes the item (for example, files, videos, tasks, web links).
- Events. Awarded when the learner has attended a session.
In addition to awarding on meeting a specified requirement, an administrator can award a certificate to a user by using the administration portal.
When configuring a certification, you need:
- Specify a name for the certification, as will appear on the certificate that is awarded.
- Optionally add a description for the certificate, so that you can easily identify what the certification relates to.
- Choose the certificate template to use as as the basis of the generated certificate. Each certificate template can be different, for different award programs, or companies, and it will typically display one or more of the following:
- Award text (for example, Completed, Attended).
- Learners first name and surname.
- Certification name.
- Award date.
- Pass score.
- Profile data (for example, Job title).
- Specify how the certificate is awarded. The certification may be obtained by the learner completing the some training external to the LMS, or alternatively, by completing an item of content on the LMS. Where you require the learner to complete an item of content on the LMS, you must specify which item this is, and what the award criteria is. For example, they must 'complete' a curriculum, 'pass' a course or 'attend' a session.
- Specify the expiry behaviour of the certification. You can choose whether the certification:
- never expires.
- expires a fixed period after it was awarded.
- expires on a fixed date.
- is managed externally to the LMS, and does not have an LMS controlled expiry date.
When the certification is awarded, the user is emailed a PDF copy of their certificate (using the Certificate - awarded email template and the chosen certificate template), and the certificate is associated with the user's profile. The learners can then view and download certificates for any certifications they have attained on their Achievements page in the Web learner portal.
Global administrators can manage (create, edit, delete or award) certifications in the Certifications section of the Agylia Administration portal. In addition, where certifications have been attained externally, or were previously logged on another system, you can batch import the certifications, so that the LMS holds a complete record of their learning history.
The Certifications section displays a list of all certifications that have been created, with a Search option to filter the displayed list of certifications. The page enables you to add a new certification, or import information relating to externally awarded certifications.
Clicking Add certification enables you to define a certification's name, description, and required certificate template.
Once a certification has been created, you can:
- Update the properties for the certification, including how it is awarded, and the expiry behaviour.
- Change the template used for the certificate associated with the certification.
- View and update learners and the certifications they have achieved.
- View a list of the certificates that have been awarded the certification, along with their score, award date and expiry. If a user has been awarded the certification multiple times (for example if the certification is renewed), you can see the details of each time the user has been awarded the certification.
Note that multiple content items can award the same certification, as you may want the learner to complete one course to attain the certification, but then to complete a different course to be re-certified at a later date.
You can omit this step if you only want to award the certificate manually by using the Administration portal.
- How To: Create a certification
- How To: Configure certification expiry
- How To: Manually award a certification to a learner
- How To: View the certificates that have been awarded for a certification
- How To: Delete a certification
- How To: Batch import user certificates
- How To: Award a certificate on completion of a catalogue item
- How To: Upload a branded PDF certificate template
- How To: Generate a certification status report
- How To: Generate a certificate details report