THIS IS A PRE-RELEASE ARTICLE FOR USE BY LAUNCH CUSTOMERS ONLY. THE ZOOM INTEGRATION FEATURE IS COMING SOON FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS.
Zoom integration can only be configured by the Agylia support team. To enable this feature, first please ensure that you meet the pre-requisites listed below as we cannot configure Zoom integration if you do not meet these requirements.
If you meet the initial requirements, please proceed to the pre-configuration steps, which involve us providing you with some information that you will require to complete the configuration steps. After you complete the configuration steps, you will have all of the information required for us to configure your Zoom integration. Please submit a support ticket with the required information (detailed below) for us to complete the process. Please allow 5-10 business days for this to be completed.
To use the Zoom integration, your session organisers must have paid Zoom accounts. For example they must each have a Pro or Business plan. Basic (free) accounts cannot be used with the Agylia Zoom integration.
Each of these accounts must be included in the same account. This will be the case where the users have been added to the account by using the Admin > Users page in the Zoom portal, such as shown below. The email address of the organiser used in the Zoom portal must exactly match the email address of the organiser on the Agylia platform.
In addition to users having a paid account, you may also want to assign Webinar licenses to your users. After the Zoom integration is configured, organisers will be able to create Zoom meetings where they have a paid account, or optionally a Zoom webinar where they also have a Webinar add on.
To configure the Zoom integration you will require two URLs which you will use when creating event subscriptions. To obtain these URLs, please submit a support ticket stating that you require the pre-configuration information to enable you to configure the Zoom integration. Please provide the following information in the ticket:
- The URL of your administration portal
- If you have more than one administration portal that you want to configure please provide the URL of each; we will need to provide you with two URLs per administration portal
After we provide the two URLs, you can proceed to the configuration steps below.
- In the Zoom portal, access the App Marketplace.
- On the Develop menu, click Build App.
- In the JWT box, click Create.
Alternatively, if you have previously configured JWT credentials, you may see the message below. If this is the case, click View here and proceed to step 6.
- Provide a suitable name for the app, such as Agylia, the name is not important and can be anything to suit your requirements
- On the Information page, provide suitable app information (examples shown below, the values are not important to the configuration and can be any values to suit your needs), and then click Continue.
- Navigate to the App credentials page, and make a note of the API Key and API Secret. You will need to provide both of these values to the Agylia support team to complete the configuration.
- Navigate to the Feature page, and enable Event Subscriptions. This is necessary to allow Agylia to automatically retrieve attendance records following the completion of a Zoom meeting or webinar.
- Click Add new event subscription, and then provide the name Agylia Zoom Meeting Subscription (or some other name of your choosing), and the Event notification endpoint URL provided by the support team in the pre-configuration steps.
- Click Add events, on the Event types dialog, under Meeting, select Start Meeting and End Meeting, click Done, and then click Save.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9, but instead of using the Meeting URL provided by the support team, instead use the Webinar URL, when choosing the event types please select Start Meeting and End Meeting under Webinar instead of Meeting.
- After adding both subscriptions, the screen should be similar to that shown below. Make a note of the Verification Token which will be required by the support team to complete your Zoom integration.
- Navigate to the Activation page, and verify that the app is activated (this is the default)
You have now completed the configuration steps to enable us to configure Zoom integration. Please raise a support ticket to request configuration, and provide the API key and verification token. Please raise a second support ticket and provide the API secret. Please do not provide the key and secret in the same email.
Note: If you have more than one administration portal, you will need to create two event subscriptions per administration portal. Please repeat steps 8-10 for each administration portal with the URLs provided by the support team.