The certifications feature has been enhanced to enable certification renewal to be managed on the system. This gives administrators improved control over how and when an expiring certification can be renewed.
The new functionality enables administrators to:
- specify whether a certification can be renewed
- control how renewal is managed, either by using an external process, or by completing an item of content that is defined on the system
- define when, relative the the current expiry date, a certification can be renewed:
- only prior to the expiry of the current certification, or
- both prior to, and after the expiry of the current certification, and/or
- during a defined renewal window, i.e. a period prior to certification expiry, in which the learner can re-certify.
- control how the new expiry date is derived (where a renewal window is used). The expiry date can be calculated from either:
- the date the certification is renewed, or
- the date the existing certificate was due to expire
As with the initial certificate award process, the administrator can choose whether the items awarding the certificate must be simply completed or passed, for the certification to be awarded.
For more information on certifications, please refer to the Explained: Certifications Support Desk article.
Updated reporting information
To facilitate various integration options, content item activity external references and session external references have been added to the User activity, Content activity, Content status and Non-completion report CSV downloads.
Register interest configuration
An additional option has been added to events, that allows administrators to specify whether a learner can register interest in the event. This can be used to prevent users registering interest in events, where there will never be additional sessions added and hence registering interest is not relevant.
Improved learner portal accessibility
Agylia continually review the accessibility features of the learner portal and make updates to accommodate new technologies or changing browser behaviours. Enhancements have been included to improve the use of the learner portal with common screen reader applications, and to ensure that the learner portal continues to meet level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Various bug fixes.