Anonymous content launch
When courses or files are added to the LMS, you must target (assign) the items to learners, to make them available, and learners must login to a learner portal to view the items. This is limiting in some circumstances, as it is sometimes desirable to make content available to learners, without them needing to login.
The LMS has been updated to support this functionality, by allowing administrators to provide anyone with a link to access a file based content item, without the need to login. Anyone with the link can access the content item. The access to the item is not tracked against any user, and the interactions will not appear in reports.
Please see the Explained: Anonymous content launch article for more details.
The Anonymous content launch feature is disabled by default. Please contact our support team, if you would like the anonymous content launch feature to be enabled on you LMS.
Administration portal updates
In line with our strategy of continual improvement, we have made some minor updates to the Administration portal user interface. The changes are as follows:
- The Settings | User rules page has moved to be associated with groups, which the rules manage. The page can now be accessed via Groups | Manage rules. Note that as before, only Global administrators can manage the rules and can therefore access the Manage rules page, and there are no functional changes to this page.
- On the Settings | Advanced page, the following menu titles have changed:
- Allow user administrators to rename users changed to Allow user administrators to change usernames.
- Restrict permissions of user administrators changed to Prevent user administrators from importing users.
- Restrict permissions of content administrators changed to Prevent content administrators from viewing user lists.
- After adding a new content item, the warning message "This item is currently processing, and may not appear correctly" was sometimes displayed to indicate that the new item has not yet been propagated to our content delivery edge network. This messages has been simplified to be "This item is currently processing". The meaning of this message remains unchanged.
Various bug fixes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.